Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Praising God with ALL of me

Psalm 9:1-2 (NLT) “I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all the marvelous things you have done. I will be filled with joy because of you. I will sing praises to your name, O Most High.”
Lifting up praises to God is one way we can show our appreciation and thanks for His blessing and forgiveness. It can also express our admiration for being a loving, faithful, forgiving, just and patient God. As Christians, we are to enter His courts with thanksgiving and praise; meaning, we are to thank him for all he has done for us and praise him for who he is. When Jesus taught the disciples to pray (Luke 11:1-4), praising the Father in heaven was part of the prayer.
So how are you doing? I know that I could stand to use some improvement. Are you praising God and sharing the things he has done in your life with others? I tend to thank and praise God for everything he has done for me and leave it at that. But if we look back at what Psalm 9:1-2 says we must tell of the marvelous things God has done in our lives.
As we lift up praises and recognize who God is, our inward attitudes will become outward expressions of the way He is working in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment