Wednesday, September 11, 2013

God IS Bigger

Jeremiah 32:27 (NIV) I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?

In my quiet time this morning, God gently reminded me that He is bigger than any problem I have or will ever have. Today is a day to remember the events that transpired 12 years ago in our nation. As I sat this morning with my Bible in hand, I reflected back on that day.

On September 11, 2001 the United States faced a devastating blow. I’m sure all Americans remember where they were and what they were doing when they heard the news. I know I sure do. I was a software applications instructor at the time and was just getting ready to go into a class. “Did you hear? A jet just flew into the World Trade Center.”

“What?” No I hadn’t heard. I had been busy getting ready to teach.

In the next few seconds the office phones began to ring. You see, I live and work in the Hampton Roads region of Virginia. This area is home to the world’s largest Naval Station and is home-port to the Navy’s Atlantic fleet. On a daily basis we had men and women of our armed forces in our classrooms learning to use various software programs. It seemed none of our military students were going to be able to make it to class that day. My boss rolled a TV into the center of our office and we watched the devastating events for what seemed like hours.

But you know, as devastating and as "big" as the events of that day were...GOD was and is still BIGGER than all of it. Each day that goes by God is:
  • ·        close to the brokenhearted
  • ·        healing the sick
  •                frees/rescues from strongholds
  • ·        restoring the ruins long devastated (Isa. 61:4)
  • ·        making a way in the wilderness and rivers on dry land (Isa. 43:19)

I pray you find encouragement today in whatever it is you’re facing – remember GOD IS BIGGER!

Isaiah 41:13 (NCV) I am the Lord your God, who holds your right hand, and I tell you, ‘Don’t be afraid. I will help you.’

No comments:

Post a Comment