Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Is there a limit to what God can do?


Psalm 125:1 (MSG) Those who trust in God are like Zion Mountain: Nothing can move it, a rock-solid mountain you can always depend on.

I was reminded this morning of God’s trustworthy character. He is sovereign and can accomplish more in 1 second than I can accomplish in my entire lifetime.

Throughout the Bible, I see God’s sovereignty and consistency time and time again. His desire is to prosper me and not harm me (Jeremiah 29:11). Story after story in the Bible displays this truth and His trustworthiness to follow through with His plan. He asked Abraham to give up all the comforts of his home and family and “go to a land that I will show you (Gen. 12:1).” He provided food and shelter for the Israelites in the desert for 40 years. While in captivity, God placed His chosen people in various positions for specific purposes (Nehemiah, Daniel, Ezekiel, Esther). When the appointed time came, He sent His one and only son to earth to show us how to live, love and be eternally reconciled to Him.

I sure needed to be reminded of God’s trustworthiness this morning. You see last night I got some news (good news actually). But…here’s where the trust part comes in. I have to come up with an initial contribution. Looking at this situation through “earthly lenses”, there is no way I can make it work. The thought of it seems impossible to me....but this morning, God spoke into my spirit... "Are you saying that I’m not big enough to provide in time?"

UMMMM. With all my heart I don’t want to believe that I am "limiting" God. I know with all my heart that God is BIGGER than any issue I have. But the truth is I allowed a little shred of doubt to put a “limit” on God in this situation. For just a brief moment, I questioned "am I going to be able to do this?"

I had to repent of my doubting spirit. I know my God can and will provide. God is the very one who started this ball rolling…of course He's going to follow it through to fruition.

My faith was increased today when I remembered that God is true to His character. Where He has called me, He will make a way.
 
Father, forgive me when I allow doubt to creep in and cloud what I know in my heart you can do. I know you keep your promises. I can trust you to work out even the smallest detail. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment