Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Created with a Warrior's heart

A woman with a righteous cause

Proverbs 24: 3 – 5 (NCV) “It takes wisdom to have a good family, and it takes understanding to make it strong. It takes knowledge to fill a home with rare and beautiful treasures. Wise people have great power, and those with knowledge have great strength.”

A few years back our Senior Pastor presented a series he title “Warrior.” His point for the series was simply "God is a Warrior (Ex. 15:3) and He created us with a warrior’s heart." Throughout series, he talked about the righteous cause each and every one of us have in our life and how we have been called to fight for that cause. As I read through Proverbs 24, I was reminded of my righteous cause. My righteous cause is my family. While reading Proverbs 24:3 – 4, I stopped and thought about the progress I’ve made, if any, towards my righteous cause.
As difficult as this battle I’m fighting is, I know I haven’t lost the war. As I grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, I continue to fill our home with rare and beautiful treasures. According to verse 5, those with knowledge have great strength“Great strength” humph some days I feel like cowering and crying out “UNCLE” at the top of my lungs. But, I am growing in grace and knowledge which gives me great strength to face the “battles” I face. Besides, I know I don’t fight alone or with my own strength.
As I read this chapter in Proverbs, I was encouraged to hang in there and continue to fight for my righteous cause. I don’t think I’ve given up the fight, just grown weary. Proverbs 24 served as a gentle reminder to get in there and re-engage. I must continue to gain wisdom and understanding (read my Bible and pray). I must search for truth and knowledge (read my Bible and pray) and I must not give up. I know there is a harvest ahead if I stand and fight! (Gal. 6:9)
What righteous cause are you fighting for? Or do you have a righteous cause you need to re-engage in? Whatever the cause, continue to grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ. Remember that Jesus is right by your side. He will not leave you or forsake you. Lastly, ALWAYS remember to fight in His strength...not your own.


Related reading: Eph. 6:10 – 18; Psalm 37:4 – 7

No comments:

Post a Comment