Monday, March 31, 2014

Who's dreams are you following?

Our true accomplishments are not in the accolades or awards we receive; it's in the way we humble ourselves and submit to God's plan for our lives.  The world would have us to think and believe that we have to have the best of the best and do whatever we have to do to "keep up with the Joneses" to be truly successful.  But that's not how God sees it.  He wants simple obedience to His will for our lives.  He has made us on purpose for a purpose.  

I learned this truth the hard way. Instead of following God's leading, I went into a career field that had me stressed out and doing things I never thought I'd do to get ahead. It's funny..all those things I did to "get ahead" got me absolutely no where! I never moved up past a certain point on the corporate ladder nor did I make over a certain amount of money. It's not because I wasn't trying... I sacrificed way too much time with my family in hopes of climbing another step. Only the time spent wasn't rewarded...it was overlooked. 

It wasn't until I truly listened to God and left corporate America that I felt a peace about my path. God's ways are higher than our ways (Is. 55:9).God has specifically equipped us to do the tasks He has called us to do (Eph. 2:10). It's when we submit our agendas to His that we truly thrive! 

I am including a link to a video by Casting Crowns that serves as a great reminder to me. When ordinary people with ordinary dreams submit their dreams to God, He will give them so much more they could ever dared to dream or imagine.




Related reading:
Romans 12:11; Gal. 6:9; Col. 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment