Friday, April 4, 2014

Are you "busy" today?

Psalm 25:1-3 (NLT) “O Lord, I give my life to you. I trust in you, my God! Do not let me be disgraced, or let my enemies rejoice in my defeat. No one who trusts in you will ever be disgraced, but disgrace comes to those who try to deceive others.”

There are 150 Psalms included in the Bible. Almost half of them, 72 actually, speak about enemies. When you think about an enemy who or what do you think about? Someone with whom you are at war....right? As Christians, we have one enemy...SATAN. He has a knack for "spinning things" up to take our focus off of Christ and put it on the things of this world.

He greatest enemy we will ever face is Satan himself. Since the Garden of Eden, he has stopped at nothing to try and get us to rethink the decision we made to follow Christ. His intentions are to plant seeds of doubt and make us question God’s word. He constantly discourages us by making us look at our problems rather than to Christ. He creates diversions by making the “wrong” things seem so attractive. Sin is a blast or no one would do it right?

The other thing Satan seems to do is make us feel defeated. He has a knack of making us feel like failures so we don’t even want to try. I can’t tell you how many times I have wanted to crawl under a rock and never come out. But I know that is not what God wants for me. He wants me to succeed.
Finally, Satan can keep putting “things” in our path to help us put off doing something important (like something God has called us to do) so that it never gets done. There is an interesting acronym for the word “busy” that I’d like to share with you. Ready for it?

Buried Under Satan’s Yoke”
David recognized in Psalm 25 that those who trust in God will never be disgraced or shamed. I you are feeling “buried” today, hang in there! If you have placed your trust in Jesus, the enemy of your soul will not defeat you and neither will the “stuff” of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment