Friday, May 30, 2014

God has big shoulders

Isaiah 55:6 Seek the Lord while he may be found; call on him while he is near.

Prayer is essential for all of us.  It's the way we communication with the God of the universe. WOW... the God of the universe. Whenever I hear that term I think, “Why would the God of the universe care about my day or my circumstances?” I’m quickly reminded through His word that He does care and He wants very deeply for us to know Him the way that He knows us. 

I used to feel like I had to be all formal when I approached the Lord in prayer. Have you ever felt like that? The truth is - we can talk to God just like we talk to one of our friends or family members. My prayer life has grown so much stronger over the past few years and God has moved in miraculous ways in my life. My prayer time now is not confined to one time and one place; I talk to God throughout the day. It's just me and Him facing the day together.

He wants us to trust him and to feel like we can come to Him with ANYTHING. His shoulders are big enough to handle the toughest fight of our lives and nothing is too minor for Him listen. I know He’s with me, walking beside me every step of my day. He is waiting for me to open up and share the most intimate details of my life with Him. He wants me to talk about what bothers me and what makes me happy throughout the day. It's not like He doesn't know what's going on already…He knows and He cares. He's just waiting for me to include Him in the conversation.

Through this type of communication with God I have become more thankful for the little things He has given me. I praise Him throughout the day for the beauty I see as I walk through the day. I also pray for people I don’t even know in the cars beside me as I drive or standing in line at the grocery store.

The next time you have a decision to make or you’re having a bad day, instead of reaching for the phone to unload on a friend, spend some time in prayer. Ask God what He thinks you should do, and then give Him time to respond. That’s the tough part…the waiting.

Proverbs 3:5 - 6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

Related scripture


James 1:6, James 5:16, Philippians 4:6-7, Hebrews 4:14-16, 1 Peter 5:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment