Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Are you imprisoned by fear?

Psalm 27:1 “The Lord is my light and the one who saves me. So why should I fear anyone? The Lord protects my life. So why should I be afraid?”

According to Noah Webster’s 1828 American dictionary, the word fear is defined as:

A painful emotion or passion excited by an expectation of evil, or the apprehension of impending danger. Fear is an uneasiness of mind, upon the thought of future evil likely to befall us.
I think Mr. Webster got it right. 

Fear is “a painful emotion” and can imprison us within ourselves. Once inside these dark walls, “fear” renders us completely helpless. You’ve been there at one time or another, right? 


Have you ever had the fear of being rejected or misunderstood? What about the fear of being overcome with a sickness that would not allow you to provide for your family? What about the fear of dying or the fear of losing your job in this down turned economy?


The list of “fears” we have is endless. The truth is...fear is not from God. It's a lie of the enemy. 2 Timothy 1:7 tells us "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind."

We need to believe the truth of God's word. If we are afraid we can be certain God isn't the one making us that way. It's Satan trying to keep us from all God has for us. Are you being held in a dark place by fear today? Dispel the darkness by calling on the LIGHT to save you!

“The Lord is my light and the one who saves me.”


Romans 8:15; Hebrews 13:5-6; Psalm 56:3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment