Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Wisdom speaks... are you listening?

Proverbs 8: 6 (NIV) “Listen, for I have trustworthy things to say; I open my lips to speak what is right.”
Proverbs 8 calls us to listen to Godly wisdom and make right choices rather than ones that would lead us astray. One example I’d like to share is from my own personal life. After a small group Bible study one night, a couple and I were talking about the possibility of me developing a website for her business. We setup a meeting for the upcoming Sunday during our second service to talk about what she wanted on the website. It was a great start. Once the discussion was over and meeting was set, we all went our separate ways to prepare for Sunday’s meeting.
It was on the drive home that this incredible uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach came over me. Have you ever had that happen to you? That “gut” feeling when you know something is not right? I couldn’t get the conversation with the couple off my mind. I began to pray about the nights events and as I prayed the story of Jesus at the temple throwing out those who were buying and selling things for profit came to mind immediately followed by the scripture “My house will be called a house of prayer.” (Matthew 11:17)
I knew right then and there what I had to do. I resolved to call the couple the next morning and change the meeting to a different location. I felt much better once I did. Wisdom speaks, it’s up to us to listen and act on what we hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment