Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A trip through the Psalms


I have been reading through the book of Psalm since the beginning of August. Each morning, I have gotten into my typical quiet time routine:  I find a quiet spot, remove all hindrances, pray for clarity of thought and wisdom, discernment, understanding, and revelation. Each day God delivers. He knows exactly what I had gone through the day before or will be going through in the day ahead… and as I read I am always reminded of His faithfulness and His love for me.
Each morning I ask Him to search me because He knows me. He knows each thought I have had and will ever have (Psalm 139). Every morning I have been either challenged to look at myself and examine my ways, or encouraged by that fact that I am never alone.
I have looked more to the Word of God for advice and understanding than I have the world around me. I have found peace in the midst of the raging seas of life knowing that God is in control of it all and I am hidden (protected, safe, secure) within the shadows of His mighty wings (Psalm 17:8). “The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold” (Psalm 18:2) and I trust Him. I may not always understand His ways or His timing… but I trust Him because He is worthy to be trusted.
Looking for encouragement, wisdom, understanding, knowledge, a safe place to find rest?  Dive into the Psalms and be refreshed and renewed.
 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment