Friday, April 5, 2013

Searching for God's will without even asking Him first

repost from 1/26/12

James 1: 5 – 6 (NLT) “If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone (emphasis mine).”
You’re in the middle of a situation and you don’t know that answer. You need advice. Who do you turn to? For me, I used to care about what people thought about what I should do. Before even asking God for direction or guidance, I would go to friends and ask their opinion. I am not saying there is anything wrong with this. The friends I seek advice from are incredible men and women of God and I believe with all my heart they give advice that is sound and biblical. However, when all is said and done and I have a decision to make I have to remember that true wisdom comes from God and I should be seeking His answer first.
Do you have a decision to make? This time, decide to trust God completely with the situation. Instead of talking to a trusted friend first, seek God’s advice. Ask Him for wisdom to make the right decision or how to handle this tough situation you may be facing. Do you trust Him to provide the answer or do you quickly take it back and try to “handle” things yourself? James tells us in verse 6 (chapter 1) that we have to ask in faith and not doubt. Asking in faith means to come before God and ask with confidence that God will align our desires with His purposes.

We have to believe that God will hear us and answer us. Now sometimes, the answer may come quickly and other times you may have to wait. During the waiting it’s important not to doubt. Remember God’s timing is not our timing,  but it is perfect. Only He can see the entire picture of our lives. We may be the one who is not be ready to receive what we ask are asking for. Have you ever thought about that?
When you ask God for something are you convinced that God’s way is best and willing to accept the answer He gives? God is trustworthy. Rely on Him to show you what is best for you.
Psalm 63:8; Proverbs 3: 5- 6; 1 Corinthians 13: 6 – 7

No comments:

Post a Comment