Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Can I really trust God?

God's promises are pure!


Psalm 12:6 The Lord’s promises are pure, like silver refined in a furnace, purified seven times over.

As I read over this verse, I couldn’t help but think of how thankful I am to know that the One I can count on when everything seems to go south will always keep His promises. He will never lie to me or try to deceive me. He can’t, it’s not in his nature. His words and promises are pure like silver refined in a furnace and purified seven times over. That just blows my mind. When I started to think about the word "pure" it made me think about its actual definition. What does the word "pure" actually mean? I went to the dictionary and looked it up, Mom would be so proud.

Pure, a. Free from moral defilement; without spot; not sullied or tarnished; incorrupt; undebased by moral turpitude; holy.

There, at the end of the definition - did you see it? The word holy. Our God is a holy God. What does holy mean? Again I flipped through the dictionary.

Holy, a. Properly, whole, entire or perfect, in a moral sense. Hence, pure in heart, temper or dispositions; free from sin and sinful affections. Applied to the Supreme Being, holy signifies perfectly pure, immaculate and complete in moral character; and man is more or less holy, as his heart is more or less sanctified, or purified from evil dispositions.
Did you notice how many times the form of the word pure was used in the definition of the word holy? It was used 3 times. That tells me that if God’s promises are pure and God is holy then I can trust and rely on Him with every circumstance in my life. He is not going to try to trip me up for His benefit for gain. He is going to seek what is right for me, for my best interest... even if I don't understand why He does the things he does.

The God who spoke the entire universe into existence loves me and wants what's best for me. The Bible proves that time and time again as we read of God's mercy and grace. If you're struggling withe something today and you don't know if you can even trust God to get you through it, I encourage you to spend some time reading through the book of Psalms, Proverbs, or one of the 4 gospels. In these books you will find encouragement to press on, wisdom and knowledge, and the reason God sent Jesus to walk among us.  


God is pure and holy...  you can trust Him....  you can REALLY trust Him with all the details of your life.

Need direction?


Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.  (Psalm 119:105)

Feel like your in a pit of depression?

"You, Lord, are my lamp; the Lord turns my darkness into light." (2 Samuel 22:29)

Need His strength to get you through the toughest trial of your life? 

“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in your weakness.” (2 Corinthians 12:9)

Are you anxious about what the future holds? 

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God trust also in me." (John 14:1)

Not sure God can forgive you? 

"If we confess with our mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe with your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." (Romans 10:9)

No comments:

Post a Comment