Monday, January 13, 2014

God? Where are you?

Why is God so far away when I need Him most?

Psalm 10:1 (NCV) Lord, why are you so far away? Why do you hide when there is trouble?

In times of trouble do you feel God’s presence, or do you think he has left you high and dry? In the very first verse of Psalm 10, the psalmist feels as if God is far away or is hiding from him. But don’t move too far away from that verse without noticing one detail.. he is still talking to God. He is being honest about his doubts and is continuing to pray about what he needs. In this Psalm, the Psalmist needs help and he realizes he needs it from God.
When you go through the valleys of your life do you tend to forget that God is with you...even though you may not be able to feel him there? What about when someone get’s something they really didn’t work too hard for and they are taking all the credit and reaping all the rewards. Do you wonder why God allows those things to happen?

When I begin to feel like this, I have to remember that God see all and will be the ultimate judge. I have to remind myself to keep the big picture in perspective. The Bible is clear, everyone will have to stand before God and give an account for his/her life...every action, every word, every deed.
I have to continually ask myself questions like:
·         Am I relying on God to get me through this day or am I relying on my own strength?
·         Am I jealous of someone else’s success?
·         Am I angry because I don’t have what someone else has?

As I walk through each day, I try not to worry about what I can’t control and what I don’t have. God has a perfect plan for my life He will guide and direct me down that path. I know I have been created on purpose to accomplish the very purpose He put me on this earth to accomplish. It’s up to me to continually seek Him through daily prayer and the reading of His word. It's in the quiet moments that I hear is voice and know that He is there...even when my world is falling apart or I'm in the middle of a huge doubt-storm. He is there.
Today I stand on the promise that the God who created the heavens and the earth is holding me in the palm of His hand. It was God who formed me in my mother's womb and sees my life from beginning to end. It is because of these truths I know I can trust Him in the "little details" of my life.

Related scripture: Jeremiah 29:11; 1 Cor. 10:31; Prov. 15:19; Titus 3:14

No comments:

Post a Comment