Monday, February 10, 2014

Turn on the lights!

...the SEARCH lights!


Psalm 139:23-24 (MSG) Investigate my life, O God, find out everything about me; Cross-examine and test me, get a clear picture of what I’m about; See for yourself whether I’ve done anything wrong— then guide me on the road to eternal life.

Every Monday morning when school is in session, I go to my son’s school to pray with other mothers for the children, the school (teachers, administrators, support staff) and any prayer requests from the school family. Before I left the house, I spent just a few minutes with God and his word. My scripture reading was from Psalm 34 and Isaiah 1. In both sets of scripture, the writer clearly said “STOP doing what is wrong, learn to do it right.”

Naturally God knew what he was up to this morning; because when I saw what the intercession verse was Psalm 139:23 – 24, everything became clear. In order for me to STOP doing what is wrong and do what’s right…I need to ask God to search me.

I love the way God uses our daily activity to speak to us. He is always at work. He doesn’t tire or faint (Isaiah 40:28). The lesson for me today is crystal clear… I have to ask God to search me. If there is anything in me that doesn’t align with the truth of His word, then I need to STOP what I’m doing, repent and walk the other way.

Ok, that makes sense right? Sure. But just because it makes sense doesn’t mean it’s going to be a piece of cake. Change is hard. But, when Christ is put at the center of our lives…even the impossible becomes possible.

Change is possible…but only with Christ's help. The closer I get to Christ and remain there, the less focus I put on the circumstances of life making it better for me and those around me.

I challenge you today to pray through Psalm 139:23 – 24 and really listen for God’s still, small voice.

Prayer:
God investigate my life and find out everything about me; Cross-examine and test me, get a clear picture of what I’m about; See for yourself whether I’ve done anything wrong— then guide me Father on the road to eternal life.


No comments:

Post a Comment