Tuesday, April 15, 2014

When things fall apart do you wonder "Where did God go?"

Has there ever been a time in your life when everything seemed to be progressing as it should? You know what I’m talking about right? Your family and friends are happy, the kids are doing well in school, the job is a dream… you are living a pretty blessed life. 

Then it happens. The bottom falls out and you wonder where God went. You cry out to him. 

“God, where did you go? I don’t understand how you could let this happen?” 
Your prayers will never land on deaf ears, believe me He hears them. Sometimes, He allows circumstances in our life to draw us closer to Him. I have seen this happen in my life a few too many times. God was never to blame for any of my circumstances. He didn't leave me hanging... nor did He go anywhere in the middle of them. It was me who moved. I had allowed myself to get “too comfortable” and before I knew it, my daily quiet time turned into a weekly quiet time which then became a monthly quiet time and after that a practically none existent quite time.
Staying in constant communication with Christ is essential for every follower of Christ. He is our lifeline. It is only by being in His Word on a daily basis that we can fully know and grow in Him. More importantly, He knows the plans He has for us, plans to proper us and not harm us; plans to give us hope and a future (Jeremiah 33:11 - NIV).

No comments:

Post a Comment