Thursday, May 1, 2014

Are you living the plan?

Ephesians 1: 4-10 (NCV)…in Christ, He (God) chose us before the world was made so that we would be His holy people—people without blame before Him. Because of His love, God had already decided to make us His own children through Jesus Christ. That was what He wanted and what pleased Him, and it brings praise to God because of His wonderful grace. God gave that grace to us freely, in Christ, the One He loves. In Christ we are set free by the blood of His death, and so we have forgiveness of sins. How rich is God's grace, which He has given to us so fully and freely. God, with full wisdom and understanding, let us know His secret purpose. This was what God wanted, and He planned to do it through Christ. His goal was to carry out His plan, when the right time came, that all things in heaven and on earth would be joined together in Christ as the head.”
Even before the world was formed, we were a part of God’s plan. He saw each hurt, hang-up, and tear that would and will ever fall from our eyes. He showers our lives with grace and mercy, makes us his children, and wraps us in his loving arms all made possible through the loving sacrifice of His one and only son (John 3:16) Jesus Christ long before we were born.
Why? Because our God is a relational God; he wants to be in relationship with us. This is the very God who spoke and the world was, the Creator of the entire universe and everything in it, the Maker of heaven and earth. He wants a personal relationship with me. He wants me to know how much He cares about me and He wants me to respond to that love by accepting it and not taking it for granted. He wants the same exact thing for you too.
Isn’t that comforting? I know it may be hard to wrap your brain around because of the things you may have been through in your life...but it's the truth. 

He loves me. He love you.

He values me. He values you.

I am accepted by the God of the universe…and so are you! How cool is that? 

The God that set the stars in place has a plan and a purpose for our lives and calls us his own. WOW!  I matter to God...and so do you!
When we come to the saving knowledge of Christ, we are given the Holy Spirit who lives inside us (v. 14). As we begin to know and grow in Christ, the Holy Spirit will guide, provide for, correct, and protect us. With the Holy Spirit at work, we continue to grow in grace and knowledge with the same power that was used to raise Christ from the dead. With this power inside us, we can accomplish the plans and purposes God put us on this earth to do – all for His honor and glory.
Father, I know I don’t always get it right but I want my life to bring praise, honor and glory to you my Lord and Savior. Thank you for loving me and accepting me even when I am unlovable. Help me to listen to and be guided by your Holy Spirit as I walk through this day, for it’s in your Son’s name I pray. Amen.
Related scripture:
John 1:12; Romans 8:15; 2 Corinthians 6:16-18; Galatians 3: 26 - 27



No comments:

Post a Comment