Thursday, June 26, 2014

Promises to stand on


Psalm 119:50 (NCV) When I suffer, this comforts me: Your promise gives me life.

Have you ever just stopped and allowed the words found in scripture to sink in?  I did that this morning when I read the words of Psalm 119:50. 

“When I suffer, this comforts me: Your promise gives me life (emphasis mine).”

As I reflected on these words, I can't help but think about all of the promises God has for each sand every one of us. This morning, one promise quickly popped into my mind 

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11)

In recent months, this is the promise I have clung to. Even though I may go through tough times, it doesn’t mean God has forgotten me. He loves me with an everlasting love (Jeremiah 31:3). Sometimes it’s really easy for me to forget this promise, especially when I have neglected to turn to Him when “life happens.” This morning, I was reminded all over again that the Lord promises to give me life... an abundant life (John 10:10) at that!  

Praise you Father for your love and kindness. Help us to become ever mindful of your Presence and your Word, even when the storms of life are raging.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment