Friday, June 8, 2012

Do you like to listen to instructions?

Proverbs 4:1 (NIV) “Listen, my sons, to a father’s instruction; pay attention and gain understanding.”
As I was reading through this Proverb I began to think about how God shapes and molds our lives by the choices we make and the way we deal with the circumstances in our lives. If I look back over the course of my life there are several lessons I could have learned if I would have just stopped long enough to see what God was trying to teach me through the process.
Sometimes God uses difficult circumstances in our lives to teach us lessons and build our character.  If we hold on to God’s words with all our hearts and keep His commands, the Bible says we will live. Jesus promises to give us “a full life.” (John 10:10 NIV The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.)
In fact, He wants to give us the desires of our hearts (Psalm 37:4).  That’s so cool isn’t it? But sometimes isn’t it true that we just want what we want when we want it?  We want our way and we get upset or angry at God when he doesn’t deliver within our time frame.
The point I’m trying to make is, I can’t see from God’s point of view or the plans He has in store for my life. All I can do is learn from the lessons. So, I know when I’m faced with a circumstance or a difficult situation that seems unbearable, I will pray and ask God for His guidance and understanding of the lesson He is trying to teach me through the process.  I know I will be drawn one step closer to Him and be wiser if I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment