Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A glimpse of my life's journey


Proverbs 5:21 (NIV) For your ways are in full view of the Lord, and he examines all your paths.

Have you ever been in a situation where you were convinced God wasn’t there? Maybe, you think, He didn’t hear your cries or that he just doesn’t care? I know I sure have. But what I’ve found is the this, the closer I get to Christ and understand his character, the more I realize he has, is, and will always be there by my side – no matter what circumstance – no matter where I am or have been in my relationship with him.  God is near and continually watches over my path (Proverbs 5:21).  He cares so much about me that all my days have been ordered and numbered by him (Psalm 139:16). Furthermore, he knows the number of hairs on my head (Matthew 10:30) and he has and will continue to wipe every tear from my eyes (Rev. 7:17, 21:4). He loves us even when we are unlovable. It blew me away when He revealed this truth in my life during a praise and worship session I attended this weekend.

The songs chosen opened my eyes and ears so that I could receive a special message from the Lord.

 “When it's all been said and done
There is just one thing that matters
Did I do my best to live for truth?
Did I live my life for you?”

 After hearing these words I began the process of thinking back through my life.

 
I will always sing your praise
Here on earth and ever after
For you've showed me heaven's my true home
When it's all been said and done
You're my life when life is gone...
 
It was while singing “I Surrender All” God revealed my entire life, from the moment I received Jesus’s invitation to “come” and “follow” him at 11years-old until that very Saturday morning. This imagery was AWESOME! There it was, my entire life laid out before me. At the beginning of the path I saw my shaking body step out of the pew and into the isle at my family’s Baptist church, Jesus beside me leading the way. Continuing down the path, I came to a fork to the left. This fork led to a glimpse of my teen and early adult years. During this time, friends and other things were a huge distraction and pulled me away from Jesus into things I never dreamed I’d ever do. Jesus, clearly “last” on my list, was still there beside me. He hadn’t left me even though I chose to go in a different direction. At the end of the fork, I saw myself battered and bruised by the “junk” of this world. Jesus was there too, even when I couldn’t feel him. He held me and told me he loved me no matter how far I had stepped away from his perfect plan.

I wept as I allowed the words to the next song to wash over me.
 

Hallelujah, hallelujah
For our Lord God Almighty reigns
Hallelujah, hallelujah
For our Lord God Almighty reigns
Hallelujah

 Hands held high, I lost myself in the music and sang praises to and worshiped the Lord.

Holy Holy
Are You Lord God Almighty
Worthy is the Lamb
Worthy is the Lamb
You are Holy 

The last song began to play, just as God began to reveal my life line once more. Jesus and I were back on the path and I could hear his voice “your entire life has led you to this place Sheri. Use what I have given you to reach others for me.”

 One thing we ask of you
One thing that we desire
That as we worship you
Lord come and change our lives
Arise, Arise, Arise, Arise

Jesus did change my life that morning. I saw His sovereignty throughout my life and how it has led me to this the very place. I can’t put into words how excited I am to see what he’s going to do next.

No comments:

Post a Comment