Thursday, August 1, 2013

I'm never alone

Proverbs 18:10 “The Lord is like a strong tower; those who do right can run to him for safety.”
When I think about running to God for safety, I think about a verse in Psalm wherein the writer iasks God to “hide me in the shadow of your wings.” (Psalm 17:8) What do you think of when you think about God? I think for me, the answer changes depending on where I am on my daily walk with Him. Sometimes I see him as a loving Father, helping me navigate the oceans, rivers, and streams of my life. Then there are times I see him as a strong tower – a Fortress of strength when I am weak.
There have been times in my life when I have been afraid and felt like I had nowhere to run… nowhere, that is, on this earth. But I am confident in my relationship with Jesus Christ. I know I can always run to Him. He is my fortress and my strength.
Think that you can’t last one more second in your marriage, or the job you currently hold, or the life you are currently living? Run to HIM and in Him you will find strength. He will protect you and hold you up with his mighty right hand (Psalm 139:10). Let Him be your hiding place and fill you with songs of salvation (Psalm 32:7).


The Lord is with you (at all times) and will help you in all circumstances (Psalm 118: 5 – 6) – it is up to us to call on Him.

You are never alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment