Friday, April 11, 2014

I have NOT been forgotten!

Have you ever felt like God has forgotten all about you? I mean you pray and pray about something and nothing seems to happen. You believe that you have done everything that you could possibly do to hear his voice but an answer doesn't come so you assume "God must have forgotten me!"

It is the same exact thing David asks in Psalm 13:1 "How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever?" David is wrestling with his thoughts and emotions as his enemy triumphs over him.

By end of the 13th Psalm, we see David ultimately trusting God.

Psalm 13:5-6 (NCV) I trust in your love. My heart is happy because you saved me. I sing to the Lord because he has taken care of me.

He is confident in God's unfailing love for him and realizing this, makes his heart rejoice. Even though faced with a not so pleasant circumstance, David knows and proclaims the Lord's goodness.

God will never forget us or forsake us 
(Deut. 31:6, Joshua 1:5, Psalm 9:10). It is imperative we remember and trust in that truth. We are precious to Him. He chose us before the creation of the world. We also need to remember that God’s time clock is a lot different than ours. I need to be reminded of this truth alot. Waiting is tough, but God’s timing is always perfect.

The next time you find yourself in the midst of a trial and you feel like God has forgotten all about you, focus on what's going on around you. It may be He is trying to teach you something as you wait. He always aligns all things according to His perfect plan for your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment